life in ozoro polytechnic, a story by eliboy

*MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC*





            *EPISODE 19*




I tried my possible best to gather the momentum
needed to overcome my present predicament and
inscribed guts to push ahead. Dressed up and took
all I needed for the days lecture, myself and
Chekwube went for school and Rukky to her house.
Rukky has already planned to carry her travelling
bag to my house that day, since she will travel
back home the next day, to see her just promoted
father, who she haven’t seen for up to two
months…
INSIDE CAMPUS
Chekwube and I walked into the school through the
back gate, instead of the main gate, it was all my
ideal as I tried to avoid any unexpected attack. I
was so vigilant that Chekwube started feeling so
uncomfortable
CHEKWUBE: Eli, are you seeing ghost?
ME: Did I say am seeing ghost?
CHEKWUBE: You always answer questions with
question… I notice you have been looking back
every seconds that passes and your sides every time
an unknown voice is heard
ME: How did you know am looking back,left,right
and whatsoever if you aren’t doing the same?
CHEKWUBE: you eh! (getting closer to our lecture
hall)
ME: you eh too! I know you always walk like a
robot instead of catwalking like other girls… (She
hit me at my back and carried a weird face, as we
got to the entrance of our lecture hall)
We entered our lecture hall and took our normal
seat, I wasn’t still comfortable as the scene of those
boys played in my mind any time I tried to get
myself relaxed, it always leave my heart with shock
which hurts me really bad…
Its past 8 O’clock and the lecturer for the first
class has not arrived, this makes the class to be
more noisy. They have not appointed anyone as
class rep yet, otherwise the class rep would have
gone to the lecturer’s office to call him.
Soon students started going out to engage
themselves in other activities, myself and Chekwube
decided to visit our regular spot, which is the
school canteen. We bought snacks and soda, and
sat there discussing. Other students in my
department also came to take something in the
canteen and told us the lecturer we are waiting for
isn’t in school, news always spread so I wasn’t
surprised when they brought the news, they also said
we are having the period as a lecture free period.
This makes many students to be happy, but I was in
no way happy. I’m in school just because I don’t
want to miss any lecture. I took the risk to be in
school after the threat imposed on me by an
unknown person, and this lecturer won’t be coming.
After taking the light meal, we decided to walk
down to the school ‘love garden’ to receive fresh
air and gist, we got there and sat on the carpet
grass, which is all over the garden;
We met several students reading and playing, they
were all in two’s (a male and female)
ME: this place is cool, and I like been here
CHEKWUBE: its my first time coming here, i heard its
only lovers that come here to read, so this place is
not meant for me
ME: the first time I came here, I wasn’t with any
girlfriend. So you can come here on your own
CHEKWUBE: but you have lover?
ME: yes, don’t you have a boyfriend?
CHEKWUBE: I don’t have and don’t want to have
ME: why don’t you want to have?
CHEKWUBE: am afraid of guys, they are heartless.
The only guy my heart beats for already have
someone
ME: you must try and win his heart
CHEKWUBE: how can I do that, he loves this girl
already…
ME: Don’t give up, there is no harm in trying dear
CHEKWUBE: okay, I’ll try
We were still discussing when a girl called my name.
She is dark skinned and very tall, I haven’t met her
once in my life and was surprise to hear her call my
name, as if we knew each other
ME: how may I help you?
GIRL: can we see? I mean privately
ME: I don’t think we can see privately, if you have
anything to say feel free
GIRL: I won’t take your time, just give me a minute
ME: a minute you say?
GIRL: yes a minute (smiling at me as i excuse myself
from CHEKWUBE)
I followed her somewhere in the love garden where
CHEKWUBE can’t see us
GIRL: you are a nice guy and I would love to help
you
ME: I don’t get you? And come to think of it we
haven’t met before how come you know my name?
GIRL: don’t be foolish, you aren’t safe in this
school and I can be of help to you
ME: Then hit the nail on the head, remember you
said just a minute which has elapse
GIRL: fine…. I’m a friend to favour, and she is not
happy with you. (me hearing favours name was
baffled)
ME: but I didn’t wrong her, I only told her I can’t
date her
GIRL: that is the exact word that got her provoked
and reported you to her twin brother who don’t
play with her
ME: reported me?
GIRL: yes, if you must know her brother is the
number one man of the strongest group on campus
known as the ‘pirate’ and I’m his girlfriend
ME: Jesus
GIRL: all I want you to do now, is to cooperate
with me and you will be safe. But if you do
otherwise you will end up losing your life in this
school because BATAM who is the twin brother of
favour can kill… He has done it several times, and
will do it again with you if you don’t save yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable