life in ozoro polytechnic ,a story by eliboy

*MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC*



           *EPISODE 10*






How I wish there is an escape route to free myself
from this mess, its certain that nemesis has caught
up with me and I have to accept it and find a
perfect solution… with lot of diversion of taught I
finally decided to see our family doctor Dr.
Gbogboro Freedom, instead of those so called
professional doctors working in general hospital, I
can’t stand their questions unlike Dr. Gbogboro who
will understand everything I will say and commence
treatment without any restriction. I got to his
hospital at Ogborikoko road and met his absence,
I have to wait for him and ignore other doctors’
invitation to see them and tell them what brought
me to the hospital… For me not to be idle, I
engaged in discussion with one of the patient
waiting for Dr. Gbogboro too, according to him he
was involve in a fatal accident but with the grace
of God he survived sustaining just a fracture of his
spinal cord leaving him with hunch back, I couldn’t
tell him my reason for visiting the hospital because I
was ashamed and don’t even know how to put it
into an explanatory form. During the course of our
discussion Dr. Gbogboro walked in like fragile
glassware passing everyone waiting for him in the
form of laminar flow. Soon patient troop into his
office one after the other until it got to my turn. I
walked in and he offer me a seat which I sat down
comfortably to enumerate and elucidate the issue
that brought me to his office, after my explanation
he cleared his throat and threw the following
questions on me which I answered without shame or
fright….
DR. GBOGBORO: You have more than one s-x
partner am I correct?
ME: yes sir you’re correct
DR. GBOGBORO: You don’t use condom when
having s-x?
ME: I do use sometimes, depending on how it start
DR. GBOGBORO: do you trade s-x for money or
drugs?
ME: not at all
DR. GBOGBORO: well you have s-x with someone
who has had many partners or might have
contacted this infection through toilet or other
source, presently I can’t give a prescription until I
get the result of a well taken test. Just wait let me
contact the laboratory department…
He called the laboratory department that he is
sending someone there by name AYIS ELIBOY that
they should carry out the following test HIV test,
urine test and others, he also said they should
prepare the results as fast as they can for him to
work on. I greeted him and went to the lab where
an average age girl asked me to fill a form; I filled
it and gave it back to her. She brought a syringe
and withdrew blood from my upper arm after all
attempt searching for a visible vain in my
metacarpal region failed, she gave me a universal
container to fill with urine and ask me to wait back
in the reception until the doctor send for me, I did
as she instructed waiting for the results to be
ready….
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
I dozed off after much waiting until the lab
technician woke me up, telling me to meet the
doctor in his office that he is waiting for me, I
asked her if the result is ready and she nodded her
head in a suspicious manner which makes me to
perceive a negative outcome. What will I do if
tested positive with HIV, this result better give any
other infection and not HIV because with HIV/AIDS
am half dead. I knocked the door of the doctor’s
office twice before opening looking straight to the
doctors’ eyes, he laughed after sighted me and
advice me to be careful with women that if possible
I should avoid unprotected s-x for such not to
happen again. He was still looking at the result at
the same time writing on a small paper, when he
finished, he gave me the test result and the small
paper containing the drugs I have to buy. He urge
me to get the drugs from the pharmacy department
in the hospital and not those quake chemist store
out there, I left his office for the pharmacy
department and pay for the drugs which was given
to me after the payment was made. I went back to
his office to know if am paying for any other thing
but he told me to go home that the only thing am
suppose to pay for is the test but he has already
taken care of that, I greeted him with great
appreciation and left the hospital with satisfaction.
It’s now confirmed that I will be okay as long as I
take the medication as prescribed by the doctor to
eliminate the Staphylococcus aureus, I will also help
myself by eliminating Favour, get rid of Rukky in
my heart, and erase women totally in my life so as
to be a free man. I even went further to praise God
for the deliverance promising to serve him in truth
and in spirit, and give offering of thanks
(thanksgiving) the next day been Sunday….
Reaching home I took the right dose of the
medication for the day and start meditating all
through, the whole film of what I did in Ozoro
played in my mind and I try to figure out who
among the two girls I slept with infected me with this
so called ‘staph’ (‘ota garri’ according to Jerry).
After the forward and backward thinking I couldn’t
get to know the person because I slept with Rukky
without CD, I undergo two sweet rounds with Favour
the first I used CD but the second I didn’t use CD
because of foolishness I called excitement… ‘Well it
has happened’ I said after stressing my brain to
recollect the events which didn’t yield the right
answer.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
SUNDAY SERVICE
The service was so sweet as I dance and praise God
just as I promise, everyone in church were all
surprise because of the extra strength I added in
almost everything I did in the service. I even took
my drugs to church to pray on it, and swallow that
morning dose right in the church while the service
was going on. I waited for second service and took
the afternoon dose there also, until it got to
4:00pm sharp when they finally close, assuming
there is evening service I would have stay behind
because I was filled with the Holy Spirit as I sweat
furiously dancing to the glory of God and singing at
the top of my voice.
The day was uneventful as I did so many unusual
things; I locked myself inside my room and slept off
without even watching my favorite programme on
Mytv station.
I woke up around 1:34am to urinate and was scared
because of the normal pain I received any time I try
to pee, I have to bear it but couldn’t because it
was itching me badly. Nature can’t be cheated so I
have to urinate by obeying nature, behold I
urinated like I use to without feeling any pain. Staph
is gone at last, my mind became at peace as I slept
without any worries (akuna matata).
– – – – – – – – – – – –
The next day being Monday, I woke up to see a
text from Jerry, I checked the time its 8:15am
already. I quickly unlock my phone to read the
message and after reading it my heart was filled
with joy…. I didn’t know when I started singing my
own version of GOD WIN by Korede Bello
“I don get alert na GOD win
I don cure my ‘staph’ na GOD win
I don pass exam na GOD win
Dem be say I nor go pass na GOD win
Anytin I do na GOD win, na GOD win
Na GODWIN OOOOOO
Anytin I do na GOD win, na GOD win
Na GODWIN OOOOOO”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable