life in ozoro polytechnic, a story by eliboy

*MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC*



          *EPISODE 9*





Warri Again!!!
I enjoyed my stay in Ozoro especially the new
fishes I caught with my indestructible net but it’s
good to be home. No wonder they say ‘no place
like home’; immediately as I got home, my mum
has already cooked Owho soup, all I have to do is
to prepare starch and marmar the great
combination (yellow & yellow)…
After eating, I was pressed and decided to use the
rest room, getting there I zipped down and brought
out my curve7 to execute the waste urine in my
bladder. I discovered the urine was reddish in colour
and very painful while coming out through the
urethra, after some time the urine stopped dripping
and I shake my curve7 like that of an android
phone sending files through flashshare/xender with
tears rolling off my eyes, as if I was beaten due to
the stress I applied in forcing the urine out. It’s
really strange because I haven’t felt such while
urinating before, maybe it’s because I’ve been
bearing if for some hours.
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Staying alone at home was so boring but not on
Saturdays when all the area boys will assemble at
the back of Olodi primary school to gist or play
different sport games. I went to my room to
change what I was wearing to Chelsea’s jersey and
trunk before heading to the school field, on my
way there I saw some of my area friends walking
towards that direction, they are all wearing their
sport kit and I stopped them so we can all go to
the field together. For everyone to be serious in the
game we all contributed #20 each and stake, the
winning team will have to take the whole money at
the end. The game was so hot because of the
money each side dropped as the winning price, I
was one of the key men in my area when it comes
to football but I wasn’t able to deliver my team
with just one goal. While the game was going on I
became exhausted and ask someone to replace
me, I left the field to get myself sachet water (local
deionize H2O) I drank 2 sachet and pour one all
over my head. Walking back to the field I stopped
by a bush side to urinate and the worst happened,
this time it took the urine almost an hour to come
out and I was in pain waiting to see the urine pump
out like a rushing tap, finally it came out with all
my body vibrating as if it’s an electric shock.
Quakea!!!!What a strange development, it has to
do with a health defect I presumed. I must see
Akabueze the pharmacist in my street; maybe he
will have a good explanation for this…. I went back
to the field, wore my shirt which I pulled off before
the start of the game and walked to my house to
bath leaving my friends in the football field.
After bathing I was really worried as I walked in
haste to the pharmacist shop ‘what could be the
problem with me?’ I ask repeatedly hitting my head
with my hand and the ground with my foot, not
quite long a call came in. it’s Favour
ME: hellooo (with falling intonation)
FAVOUR: Hi dear, you sound uncomfortable. Hope
all is well?
ME: Yea all is well, how are you enjoying the day?
FAVOUR: I’m not that fine because am missing you
already, when are you coming back or should I
come and spend 2days with you
ME: There is no need for that; I’ll be coming over
as soon as I secure my admission. Hopefully next
month
FAVOUR: if you say so, I love you. Make sure you
call me later in the day
ME: hmm I love you too dear, I will call you later…
bye for now (trying to end the conversation since
am already in front of the pharmacy)
FAVOUR: bye
I ended the call while in front of the pharmacy
shop and walked in to explain my experience with
Mr. Vincent Akabueze the pharmacist. After my
brief explanation of what am experiencing, he
advised me to go for proper check up in any of
the medical laboratory around or better still see a
professional doctor in general hospital before I can
know the main problem am encountering, that I
could be infected with one of the following STD
which include chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital warts,
genital herpes and staphylococcus which suit my
explanation. He said that their symptoms are the
same with what I just gave but are easy to cure. He
later added that the sooner your infection is
diagnosed, the better are your chances of getting it
treated and cured so make sure you go for the test
today….
I ran off like super Mario to see if I can get the test
done, it seems my enemies are at work again and
they won’t succeed, I assured myself. Jerry might
have an idea on what is wrong with me, I dialed his
number to tell him what happened and seek his
advice
ME: Jerry, yawa don burst oo
JERRY: Who die?
ME: nobody die, but your guy won die na
JERRY: which of my guy, na Oke?
ME: Na me oooooooooooooooooo, I don get piss
problem, for me to pee na war now
JERRY: hahahahahahahaha, na make you say you
won die?
ME: nor be laugh issue be dis na, serious for once
JERRY: small ‘ota garri’ wen you get na make you
dey jump, you know how many I don carry b4. So
all those your many girls when you dey scatter their
congo meat neva give you ‘ota garri’ once.
ME: which one be ‘ota garri’ again?
JERRY: soak one cup of garri with many water, nor
put salt or sugar oo, after you soak am finish carry
your alele wen you take dey scatter babes kpekus
put inside. The cap of ur alele go drink the water
finish after one week the ota garri go disappear,
but if you nor fit do that one go do test, them go
tell you the medicine when you go take.
ME: Sweet Jesus!!!
JERRY: Nor be sweet Jesus do u ooo, na sweet
shawama. Abeg later we go talk.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Jerry ended the call as if he was the one who called
me; I was so angry and scared. What should I do
now, should I follow Jerry’s prescription by soaking
the garri for my TIN or see a doctor, or better still
visit any lab for medical test?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable