i fell in love ,a story by taiwo toyin




I got a text message from Emmanuel on my way
back to my lodge and it reads:
WE ARE NOT OVER
I’M NEVER GOING TO BE OVER YOU
I WILL FIGHT FOR OUR LOVE
I WON’T GIVE UP WITHOUT A FIGHT
I got to my room and crash on my bed crying, I
read his message again. "I finally did it, I threw
his love back at his face, love made me do all
these, does my love for Feranmi worth all this, I
can’t believe this is happening to me" I said to
myself amidst tears. I never imagined it in my
wildest dream that I’ll jilt a guy, where’s the good
girl my mother raised. I wept until I no longer
have the strength to cry, I turned off my phone
and cried myself to sleep.
****
Thessy tried Wemmy’s line severally, she still got
the number not available response, she later
decided to let her be, maybe she needed to be
alone.
Feranmi was worried sick, he tried reaching her
but to no avail, Sophia has traveled after her
exams, so he couldn’t call her to ask after
Wemmy. He decided to go back to his house the
next morning, he entered into the compound and
walked right into Emmanuel's hands.
“Speaking of the devil” Emmanuel said
“Good morning Emmanuel”
“What an effrontery, so you still have the nerve
to talk to me after messing around with my
girlfriend, You know how much I love her right,
and you took her away from me”
“I’m deeply sorry for all these, none of us mean
for things to turn out like this”
“Story for the gods, spare me the sermon
Feranmi, she’s all yours now. Enjoy it while it
last. She’s mine and I’m definitely going to get
her back. I promise you that” he said and walk
out on him.
Feranmi, did not even bothered entering his
room, he rushed out immediately and headed
straight to Wemmy's lodge.
He knocked but she refuse to open up.
“It’s me Wemmy, please open the door”
She opened the door after what took like forever.
He hugged her tightly before releasing her.
“Wemimo your eyes are all red and swollen that
means you cried all night, did you even sleep at
all”
“I think I’m fine now”
“Why did you switch off your phone, you scared
me to death, I should be beside you all through
but you insisted I leave yesterday. You don’t
have to do this alone you know, we are in this
together”
“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to get you worried, I just
wanted to be alone last night” she said tiredly.
“I saw Emmanuel this morning”
“Really, hope things didn’t go bad”
“He just gave me a piece of his mind, I deserve
anything he throws at me, because I understand
how he feel”
“Feranmi, promise me I won’t regret this”
“I promise you, God helping me, you won’t regret
this path we chose. I love you Oluwawemimo, I
never had the chance to say it before now, I
really do love you and I won’t stop loving you”
“I love you too”
He moved closer to her and kissed her
passionately for the second time, pouring all their
love and affection into it.
“ I have a big request” she said. I want to right
some wrongs.
“What’s the big request? He asked
I don’t want us to have sex till we get married.
There is this saying that says if a man loves you
he will wait right? I’m not a virgin, I got physical
with my ex but I want to start this relationship
on a clean slate, God even frowns at it, we call it
pre-marital sex,but He calls it fornication”
“Request granted”
“You won’t think about it? Are you sure you are
okay with this?”
“Our religion is against it even our culture too
does not encourage premarital sex, but we youth
just choose to do things our way”
“Feranmi……hope you won’t change your mind
later”
“I’m willing to wait till our wedding night to prove
to you that I’m not after your body even though
you have a body that is hard to resist but I’ll
wait” he hugged her and kiss her on the
forehead.
“Can I stay with you for a while? I don’t want you
to be alone” he said
“Yes you can”
TBC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable