i fell in love ,a story by taiwo





Episode 10


Thessy was relaxing in her father’s compound,
chatting with one of her siblings. Her phone rang,
she checked the caller’s ID, it was her boyfriend
Tony.
“ Hi sweetheart” she said smiling
“Hi, how’s your day going?”
“Fine, I’m just here enjoying my free time”
“How’s work?”
“Work is fine?”
“How’s Port Harcourt?”
“Cool”
“Thessy please I want you to come to Lagos, I
kind of need you here”
“Tony what exactly do you need me for, I was in
Lagos last month nau, do you miss me that
much?”
“Please…….
“Ok I will come, but I can’t come this week, I just
left Ibadan last week, so you can’t expect me to
embark on this impromtu journey"
“Ok, let’s make it next week then”
“That’s better”
“Thanks, I’ll talk to you later in the day. I love
you”
“Love you too, bye”
Relationship can be stressful sometimes, what’s
the meaning of this now, it’s not in my plan to
embark on any long journey for now, but do I
have a choice. It would have been much easier if
I was still in school.
Some days later, I started feeling somehow about
my trip to Lagos, I don’t feel like going any
longer, but I already promise him. Reluctantly, I
traveled down to Lagos.
I noticed he didn’t call me all through the
journey, the last time we talked was when my
bus took off. I tried calling but his line was
switched off.
Wemmy called, I told her I’m still on my way. I
got to Lagos around 8.00pm.
On a good day he use to come to the park to
pick me up, but since I couldn’t reach him, I took
a cab to his house, I got there some minutes to
9.00pm.
I was about to knock at the door, then I heard
sounds, someone is inside his apartment. I
knocked and he opened up.
“Baby……
“Don’t baby me, you knew I was coming and you
did not bother calling me, you were to pick me
up, why did you treat me like an unwanted guest,
you begged me to come remember?”
“I’m sorry, my phone……
“……Is right here with me, I seized it” she said
opening the door wider.
“Tony what’s going on here?”
“Please come in first, then I’ll explain everything”
“And where do you think you are going” she said
obstructing me.
“Anita will you please quit this drama, I told you
already that I’m expecting my girlfriend. She
came from a very far distance so please move
before I move you”
“I give her just 30minutes” She hissed and went
back into the sitting room.
“You are sick in the head, did you just gave my
girlfriend order in my house?”
“If you think she will sleep here, then both of you
are joking, because both of us can’t stay under
the same, is better she goes back to where she’s
coming from”she said shouting.
“Anita get your things and leave my house and
my life, I told you I’m not interested in you, I
have my own get friend whom I love, so please
leave now”
“When you are sleeping with me, you don’t know
you have a girlfriend abi, I’m going no where, I’m
your girlfriend and she has to leave”
She faced me raining abusive words on me, she
threatened to kill me, if I did not leave her man.
Before I knew what what’s happening, she
pounced on me and tore my clothes, pushed me
out of the house, she even pushed Tony who
was trying to stop her away, she pushed him so
hard that he hit his head against the wall.
Tony’s neighbor Mr Martins and his wife showed
up when they heard noise coming from his
apartment, the wife hurriedly pull off her scarf to
cover me.
They are nice couples, they really liked me,
because I do visit them when I’m around
especially when Tony is at work, I stay in their
flat to keep the woman's company. We are all
outside except the crazy girl who locked us all
out.
Tony’s head was already bleeding. So the
couples suggest we go their flats, so I can
change, Tony’s also needed a first aid, so we
followed them to their flat.
I was quiet although, even while all the drama
was unfolding, I did not alter a word, its like I
went dumb all of a sudden.
The woman gave me one of her top to wear,
Tony wound too has been dressed by her
husband.
“Tony what exactly is going on, who is that girl in
your apartment? Thessy is the only girlfriend I
know of” Mr Martins asked
“I met her in the club and we became friends,
little did I know that she wanted more. Fine, we
had sex once, she tried to lure me into sleeping
with her again but I told her I can’t do it, that I’m
in a committed relationship, but she refuse to
leave”
“Liar ! I finally found my voice.
“Thessy that’s the truth”
“Please sir, there is just one question I need you
to help me ask him. He asked me to come, I was
here last month, so I did not even plan to come
to Lagos, but he pleaded with me saying he
needs me here. So why am I here?"
“So you ask her to come when a crazy girl is
living with you? Mrs Martins added.
“The reason why I asked her to come was that I
want Anita to see her and knows that I’m serious
with what I said about been in a committed
relationship. I thought she will leave once she
sees Thessy"
“No wonder my spirit held me back from coming,
but i ignored the signs. So you brought me here
to help you chase your crazy girlfriend away
right. I’m sorry your plans did not work out.
Tony! Officially, it is over between us”
“Baby please don’t do this, you know I love you,
you know have never cheated on you before now,
please forgive me this time, it won’t happen
again, I promise…..
“Keep those promises to yourself, you will need it
in your next relationship. I never knew you are
such a reprobate, sleeping with a random girl,
someone you met in a club?”
“Thessy! I’ll do everything to make things right,
please forgive me”
“Oh! so that I can die abi, I’m sorry I love my life,
didn’t you hear her, she promise to kill me if I
don’t leave her man or you think it’s just an
empty threat? I doubt that and I’m not ready to
die for a man, I’m Thessy and not Jesus”
“Thessy, you travelled a long journey, I think you
should shower, eat and sleep, we will sought
things out tomorrow” said Mrs Martins
“Thank you very much ma, but I’m leaving, I
can’t stay here, I have a friend here in Lagos, I’ll
pass the night at her place”
“You are going no where Thessy, its late and
risky its 10:30pm”said Mrs Martins
“She’s right, you can sleep here, you can sleep
here too Tony, I don’t trust that crazy girl ” Mr
Martins added.
“Then I’ll leave sir, we can’t sleep under the
same roof, let him go and sleep with his lunatic
girlfriend” I said
Tony thanked the couple for their hospitality.
“Thessy I’m sorry for putting you through all this”
he said and left for his apartment.
Mrs Martins prepared the guest room, she serve
me dinner, but I can’t eat, I already lost my
appetite.
I called Wemmy and told her everything that
happened, she promise to come and pick me the
next day. I cried uncontrollably, I’ve never been
humiliated in my whole life, Mrs Martins heard
my cry, she came in and comforted me. I slept in
a stranger’s house while my boyfriend was with
his crazy girlfriend. I’ll live to tell the story.
TBC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable