i fell in love ,a story by toyin taiwo



Episode 6

Wemmy got to her room tired, feeling sleepy and
hungry at the same time, while she was still
contemplating on what to do, she heard someone
knocking on her door, it was her baby, Sophia.
“Anty Wemmy, I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it to
your defense, I had lectures from 9am to 5pm,
I’m just coming now, I haven’t step foot in my
room.”
“No problem, I understand”
“So how was it?”
“It was good, all thanks to God”
“Congrats ma, did Uncle Feranmi come?”
“Did he tell you he'll be coming? “
“No, I just asked”
“Yes, he came”
“That’s thoughtful of him, I’m hungry and tired”
“That makes the two of us, you know what go
and shower and relax while I fix us something to
eat”
“Thank you” she said gleefully, you are a life
saver, I’ll really miss you when you leave”
“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine my dear, now go and
change”
****
Wemmy started packing her things, willed out
some while most of them goes to her precious
Sophia. Then all the dinner parties started. She
couldn’t attend all the final year brethren dinner
all because she doesn't want to go with
Emmanuel, plus she's not in a party mood at all,
she had enough issues on her table already, so
there is no point forming couples, since she's
planning to break up with him. She only attended
that of her fellowship.
She called Feranmi and told him she’ll be
traveling in two days, which means she’ll have to
tell Emmanuel everything the next day. Feranmi
had already given out his room and everything in
it to his cousin the only thing he needs to take
from his rooms are his clothes and personal
belongings, that’s guys for you anyway.
She advice him to leave the house before she
come around the next day, she doesn't’t want all
this drama she sees on movies to occur. But he
insisted on staying since they are in it together,
but she made him see reasons, he later agreed
reluctantly, She promised him she’ll be okay.
But before she meet Emmanuel tomorrow there’s
someone she had to open up to…...Thessy
****
“What ! Are you sick or something, did he
hypnotized you, you want to leave Emmanuel for
him”
Thessy did not give me the chance to explain
myself, she just continue raking.
“So you’ve been cheating on him all this while”
“I did not cheat on him” I finally found my voice”
“Oh! You are dating another guy and you did not
call that cheating? Wemimo the last time I
checked double dating means cheating”
“Thessy enough of this team Emmanuel and hear
your friend out. Thessy I did not cheat, and I’m
not proud of this either, I make sure we put
everything on hold till I break up with him” I did
not know where the tears came from, I couldn’t
hold it back. She move closer to me and comfort
me, it’s going to be ok” she assured me.
“Wemmy I know you inside out, you are better
than this, you are a decent person and you have
people like Sophia looking up to you, I’m still
trying to process everything. Why did you choose
this path?
“I fell I love” another hot stream of tears flooded
my eyes. Thessy I’ve never felt like this with any
guy, I chose Emmanuel because he cared for me,
I thought care was enough, I love Feranmi, my
heart yearns for him every hour, every minute
and every second.
“It’s ok Wemmy, all will be well, remember the
bible says-“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding” it says
“In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall
direct your path” so you have to seek God's face
concerning this matter. But you know this road
won’t be easy right?
“Yes” I nodded
“Now go the bathroom and clean your face”.
I came back from the bathroom and she handed
me a cup of cold beverage, I drank it and felt
relieved.
“So you guys never had sex, I mean you and
Feranmi”
“No, we only kiss once and that was the day we
both knew we had feelings for each other”
“And you said you didn’t cheat on him”
“Is that cheating?”
“Lets just say emotional cheating, you cheated
on Emmanuel emotionally, since you already have
feelings for someone else”
“Should I accompany you to Emmanuel’s place
tomorrow?”
“You don’t need to, I don’t want to drag you into
this, he might think you are an accomplice, its
my problem, allow me fix it”
“Poor guy” she said, I really feel for him”
“Me too, God please take control and help him
get over me fast”
“Amen”
“Can I pass the night here?” I asked
“Before nko, you think I’ll allow you sleep alone in
your room in this state”
“Thanks, my sister from another mother”
TBC
Good night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable