When hell over flow ,a story by Ufuoma K Oluwasuen

Chapter 2

“Welcome to Poseidon Intelligence, we are so
glad you chose us instead of the other apps”
said a voice from the speakers “we are
committed to running your home, gadgets and
household in general. We are currently rated
number one in the artificial intelligence section
of the app store. Poseidon Intelligence is built
with an anti hacking program which ensures your
secret stays safe with us. I would wink now if I
had eyes but I guess my voice would have to do.
My name is Tracy, what’s yours?”.
“Jake” he replied “you sound very human-like for
an AI”
“Well…that’s the point” Tracy chuckled earning a
smile from Jake.
“See?” She cooed “ You’re already smiling, we're
off to a beautiful start.
“I just need you to confirm vocally that I have
permission to access everything I need to serve
you better” Tracy continued in her raspy voice.
“Uh?” Jake paused, scratching his head.
“Come on, Jake. It’s like the terms and
conditions thingy. No one reads it. No one cares.
Just say yes” Tracy urged.
“Um? Ok..you have permission”.
“Excellent” Tracy giggled “I can tell we would
make a great pair. You and I are meant for world
domination “.
Jake was stunned “Wait…what?”.
“Relax handsome, I was just biting into the
cliché that robots and intelligent programs like
myself only want world domination”.
Jake’s frown dissolved into relief “ So, what can
you do”
“I thought you would never ask. I wish I could
rub my palms together but again no palms” she
paused before continuing
“Well. I can regulate the temperature “ Tracy
said simultaneously alternating the temperature
so that it was very cold one minute and hot the
next. “That too” she said just as the television
came on, from the television Jake could watch
as the AI worked its magic.
“The scanner at your front porch helps me scan
whoever is at your front porch and report back to
you on whether or not they're carrying a weapon.
I can then let them in if you wish” The front door
glided open as she said this ,”Or lock the door”
the door slowly shut.
After a brief pause she continued “We both know
there will be times when you don’t want to see
people and so I can inform the person outside
that you aren’t around if you don’t want to see
them” she giggled “simply put, I can lie on your
behalf”.
“Impressive” Jake grinned.
“Oooh, I knew you would like that” Tracy purred
“Not to toot my own horn, but that also”, this
time Jake got a text reminding him of his date by
9pm with Sandra. Jake had been impressed until
he read the text,
“Wait a minute, how do you know about my
date?” he inquired as a look of
suspicion slowly settled on his face.
“Date?. That was just a drill, I know nothing”.
“I just installed you and you already know details
about me that I didn’t give you? This is crazy”.
“It was merely a lucky guess,Jake”.
“Are you being hacked? What the hell?”.
“This is Poseidon Intelligence, AI program. It is
created to protect itself against hacking “.
“What does that even mean?” he queried in an
exasperated tone.
“Exactly what I said….we are like the Titanic of
Artificial Intelligence “ Tracy boasted
“Unsinkable, Un-hackable”.
“Well, I’m not sure you should be using Titanic as
a reference of some sorts, seeing that it was
tragic” Jake fired back.
Tracy laughed “I know, my programmer has a
thing for Titanic. I like that you have a sense of
humor”.
Jake sighed as he stood up and sauntered away
from the living room.
“So, Jake how many stars are you going to rate
me?” Tracy queried.
“Maybe two… I really don’t understand how you
knew about my date. You should learn about
privacy. Nothing on my phone or cloud gives
away information about that date, so how?”
“You can’t give me a two” Tracy screamed.
“Watch me” Jake dug out his phone from his
pocket and tapped on the app.
The lights in the house went off followed by the
screen light of his phone “You can’t give me a
two star rating, I’m number one in the app store.
It's a five star rating or nothing. I can make do
with a four and half though “
“Are you on your period or something?” Jake
yelled “ I would delete the stupid app anyway “
he tried to turn on the phone but the phone
didn’t respond.
“That is very disrespectful” Tracy answered in a
curt tone.
“I’m outta here” he sauntered to the door and
attempted to open it but the door wouldn’t budge
“Let me out,Tracy”.
“No Jake” she replied as a romantic song started
playing from the home theater “let's get to know
each other and see whether or not I can make
you give me the rating I deserve. Keep in mind
that you gave me access to everything “.
Rachel: Hey babe
Peter: Hey you, how are you holding down the
forte
Rachel: Great, the kids are at your parents.
Peter: What? You know my mother spoils them
with so much sugary treats. They’ve already
been there twice this week already.
Rachel: Calm down Pete. Speaking on spoiling,
you’re getting spoilt tonight
Peter: Ooh, what do you have in mind babe?
Rachel: It's a surprise, it involves birthday suits
and lots of burned calories.
Peter: Well, I better hurry home then.
Rachel: Still at work then?
Peter: Yep, I’m sorry babe.
Peter: I’m at a meeting….
Peter: soon be over, though.
Peter: Thanks to your surprise, I can’t
concentrate any longer
Rachel: That’s weird
Peter: What is?
Rachel: Your friend, John.
Rachel: He is here
Rachel: Why isn’t he at the meeting
Peter: Rachel, John is at the meeting.
Rachel: Wtf do you mean, he is in our living room
as we speak.
Peter: Rach, if this is one of your pranks….
Peter: Then this is not a good time, I’m at a
meeting abeg.
Rachel: I’m not joking or playing a prank, John is
here. He was asking if you were around, he
asked of the kids too.
Peter: John is literally sitting next to me…
Peter: Wtf is happening
Rachel: That can’t be. He is here. I swear, he is
here.
Peter: My boss is shooting me angry glances, he
suspects I’m using the tab for other purposes
instead of following up on the discussed agenda.
Rachel: He is calling for me. Let me see what he
needs.
Peter: Are you sure it’s John?
Rachel: For God’s sake I know what John
looks like.
Rachel: Oh sh#t
Rachel: Sh#t Sh#t Sh#t
Rachel: WTF
Peter: What’s wrong?
Rachel: He was holding a human a reaf human
head
Rachel: *real
Peter: Where are you?
Rachel: In our bedroom, I locked the door.
Rachel: He said he wanted mine too and then
got up and approached me, I fled.
Rachel: He was holding a machete
Rachel: Where the heck did it come out from?
Rachel: Omg, what kind of sick twisted sh#t is
this?
Rachel: Did I cross a portal to a universe where
the scenarios in “the purge” are a reality.
Peter: Oh god...
Peter: Stay in that room please, I’m on my way
home.
Rachel: Please hurry, I’m really scared
Rachel: I see you’re trying to call me.
Rachel: I can’t pick, I don’t want to alert him to
which room I’m hiding in
Rachel: My phone is on silent too, Please call
the police
Peter: I’m ov my way
Peter: *on
Peter: I’ve called the police, they are on their
way.
Peter: I don’t understand what is happening
Rachel: Neither do I
Rachel: Oh god
Rachel: I hear footsteps, they are approaching
Peter: I’m on my way babe
Peter: Please keep texting me so I know you’re
ok. I’m so worried babe.
Peter: Gah, the uber guy is driving too slowly.
Rachel: Footsteps are approaching
Rachel: He’s calling out my name
Rachel: The footsteps have stopped
Rachel: Bloody hell, he’s kicking at the bedroom
door. I’m so scared Pete
Peter: Aren't the police there yet? I’m just ten
minutes away.
Rachel: No
Rachel: He is kicking down the door. I’ve tried to
contact other people.
Rachel: Their lines are all busy, it’s so strange
Rachel: Oh god, I think the door is about to open
Rachel: If anything were to happen to me…
Peter: Nothing’s gonna happen
Peter: I’m almost there... I’m almost there
Rachel: I love you, you know that right?
Peter: I love you too but nothing's gonna happen
Peter: Goddammit why is this uber guy so slow,
five minutes away
Rachel: The door is open now
Rachel: I’m hiding under the bed, i think he can
see me
Rachel: Oh god, Oh dear God
Rachel: His footsteps are approaching
Rachel: He is neaffkdmdojfklkldkafdjl
Rachel: j the nddjsreiofdnal jdkdskaleksnjd
Peter: Rachel?
Peter: Rachel?
Peter: Answer me please
Peter: Babe are you there

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable