life in ozoro polytechnic ,a story by eliboy

*MY LIFE IN OZORO POLYTECHNIC*




           *EPISODE 16*




We got to the school canteen, where we bought the
snacks and minerals before returning back to our
lecture hall, for the next class. Reaching there I
noticed my bag was not on our seat, I asked
CHEKWUBE if she hid it but she said ‘NO’. We went
round the class, and manage to see it at the back
of the building, where we are receiving lectures. I
search the bag to see if anything has been stolen,
but to my greatest surprise everything was in place.
We both went in; waiting for the next lecturer to
come. CHEKWUBE was very surprise because her bag
was still inside while mine was taken outside without
anything stolen.
The next lecturer came in and started talking to
himself, as he reads his textbook, I saw everyone
writing including Chekwube and I brought out my
note book also to write. I opened the small zip in
my bag to get my pen and saw a small paper
which came out with my pen; I didn’t have time to
read what was written on it because the lecturer has
gone far with his dictation. I jumped some lines and
started writing as he dictate, while I was writing, I
saw those three guys on black looking at me
through the window. As soon as they notice I have
sighted them they disappear, leaving me with
tension.
After the class, I brought out the piece of paper to
check what was written on it;
‘You are been watched, better have a rethink and
do what is right otherwise you won’t live to tell
your stories’
The message sounds more like a threat to me, but I
ignored thinking it wasn’t for me, maybe someone
mistakenly dropped it inside my bag, I concluded as
I tore the paper. Myself and CHEKWUBE walked to
the school gate and departed to our various ways,
I told her I will be going to my friend’s place, that
we will see tomorrow when she asked if she can join
me to my house. I took a bike to Jerry’s hostel
and told him the whole truth about me and RUKKY.
JERRY: Eli, I swear you acted foolishly
ME: Why do you say so?
JERRY: That girl can’t be lying, everybody knows
her to be a very responsible person, you are the
only guy who have slept in her house, ever since she
came to this hostel
ME: Really?
JERRY: Yes guy, you better go and beg her now
oo. Instead of chopping different shawama, why
not take her serious and show her love
ME: I’ve stopped all that since; the problem here is
that her father is an Army
JERRY: She have a military shawama that you alele
na…. My friend go and meet her and stop
complaining. As you can see am arranging the bag
am taking to Warri
I pick up courage to approach her, and walk
towards her door. She opened as I knocked the
door
ME: I am sorry for not believing you
RUKKY: You don’t have to be sorry, rather I should
be the one saying am sorry for pushing you away
(*smiling* showing all her set of teeth)
ME: Are you still mad at me?
RUKKY: Can you come inside; I was about eating
when you knocked
I walked in and shut the door; she went back to the
door and locked it with the keys. She pleaded I join
her with the food but I insisted, telling her am okay,
I just can’t wait to have a peace agreement with
her. While she was eating my eyes was facing her
Tommy to see if it is swollen but it wasn’t.
ME: Hope you have been doing well?
RUKKY: Yes, why did you ask?
ME: Nothing really, but you know pregnant women
are not suppose to stress themselves
RUKKY: Not in this stage, it’s just 5weeks which is a
month and one week.
ME: So what is your plan?
RUKKY: I wanted to terminate it because my dad
won’t be happy to find out am pregnant for a guy
who isn’t ready for me, but since you have come
back I’ll keep it
ME: What do you think is the best decision to make
now?
RUKKY: It’s left for you to decide
ME: Tell me about your family?
RUKKY: I lost my mum while I was 10yrs old, my
grand mum have to take care of me since my
father is always going from one war to another as
a soldier, protecting his country. I’m the only child
my father has so he don’t play with me, he always
come to town to see me every month.
ME: Sorry for your loss.
RUKKY: You will get to meet him soon
ME: I don’t want to meet him….. I mean not
nowww (I stammered)
RUKKY: No problem
ME: What if he finds out you are pregnant?
RUKKY: I won’t let him know now; I will hide it from
him until it’s obvious
ME: Okay, but they can still remove the pregnancy
right?
RUKKY: At this stage it can be removed, but since I
love you I won’t terminate it. I know you love me
too
She walked towards me and gave me a peck after
a closed warm hug. How I wish she can read my
mind, I wanted her to terminate the baby because
am not ready for marriage. My education matters
a lot to me now and not this kind of bondage
called marriage. If I even accept her and the
pregnancy that means I will be going home with two
certificate, birth certificate and National Diploma
(ND) certificate…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a rugged chaizman by nicheey.

Pooley girl (+18) ,a story by Linda

my nysc service, a story by mable